Taking Collagen Supplements for Bone and Joint Health
Collagen is the most needed and abundant protein in our body. It is the part of tissues that make up several body parts, including skin, tendons, ligaments, and muscles. Collagen has many important functions such as strengthening your bones.
Recently, skincare and healthcare enthusiasts have been raving about collagen supplements. Mostly these supplements are hydrolyzed, which means the structure of collagen has been broken down, making it easier for your body to absorb. You can get your collagen supplements from trusted pharmacies such as https://www.pricepropharmacy.com/online-pharmacy/, so you don’t need to think about the quality of these supplements.
Consuming collagen provides a variety of health benefits, such as relieving joint pain to improving skin texture. Take a look at some of its benefits.
- Helps relieve joint pain
Collagen helps maintain the composition of cartilage, which is the tissue that protects your joints. The amount of collagen in your body decreases with age, so the risk of developing joint disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis also increases. Consuming collagen supplements may help improve symptoms of arthritis and reduce joint pain. This may lead to better support of your joints and lower inflammation as well.
- Could prevent bone loss
Your bones are made mostly of collagen, which keeps them strong and provides structure. Just as the collagen in your body decreases with age, the bone mass also decreases. This may cause conditions like osteoporosis that is the condition of low bone density. Taking collagen supplements may help prevent the bone breakdown that leads to osteoporosis.
- Could boost muscle mass
Muscle tissues in our body are composed mostly of collagen. This protein keeps muscles strong and in perfect functioning condition. Consuming collagen supplements helps boost muscle mass in people with sarcopenia, the loss of muscle mass due to ageing.
Taking collagen also promotes the production of muscle proteins like creatine, which stimulates muscle growth after exercise.
- Other health benefits
Collagen supplements may have added health benefits which make it all the more desirable to ingest.
- Hair and nails. Collagen increases the strength of your nails and prevents brittleness. It also stimulates your hair and nails to grow longer and healthier.
- Gut health. There is no scientific evidence to support this claim but some practitioners prescribe the use of collagen supplements to treat leaky gut syndrome or intestinal inflammation.
- Brain health. Some people claim that they experienced improved mood and reduced symptoms of anxiety, stress by taking collagen supplements regularly.
- Weight loss. Experts believe that taking collagen supplements promotes a faster metabolism and weight loss.
- Improved heart health. It is a well-established fact that collagen helps improve cardiovascular health. Collagen is found in body tissues and the heart is made of tissues so collagen is essential for the heart to retain its mass structure.
Although the benefits of collagen are numerous for the body it should be taken only when consulted and prescribed by a healthcare professional.