Is Calendula Good For Your Skin? Its Benefits and Uses
We all need something natural rather than anything chemical to nourish our skin. One of such natural ingredients for our skin is Calendula. Skincare top products use Calendula as their main ingredient by grinding its blossom into powder or made into cream, oils, and balms.
Calendula is a flower best known for helping in healing wounds because of its antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory properties. It is regularly used to support mending wounds, those that are displaying indications of delicacy, redness, or irritation, to address healing.
- Healing property – It is valuable for any twisted mending you may require including bruises, wounds, rankles, cuts, and mouth blisters. It also Soothes diaper rashes.
- Hydrates dry skin – Calendula promotes hydrated skin due to its collagen-producing factor. It is also used to relieve sensitivity in the skin such as dryness, itchiness, or irritation.
- Reduce wrinkles – Oxidative stress is the main culprit in the aging process resultingin wrinkles. But, the anti-inflammatory and antioxidants properties of Calendula calms the oxidative stress in the skin cells resulting in reducing wrinkles.
- For treating acne – Some medical studies have found that calendula may help treat acne. Calendula cream or oil can be used in the acne-prone areas.
Calendula can be used in the following ways –
- Calendula oil – This helps in wound healing and sensitivities of skin because of its antiviral and antiseptic compounds.
- Calendula cream/ointment – Calendula cream eliminates irritation and itchiness of the skin as well as keeps the skin hydrated.
- Calendula extract – Extract from Calendula are used as soothing ingredients by skincare top products like body lotion, balms, deodorant as an initiative toadd Calendula healing properties into your daily regimen.
Calendulamay be used by many and works for some. If you’re interested in trying it out, make sure you’re buying a product that contains natural ingredients. Buy the best skincare product Australia that is free of chemicals and preservatives such as Calendula cream Australia.