Dental Implants As Excellent Tooth Replacement Solutions
Dental implants are commonly used devices that help anchor oral restorations to revitalize your oral health. Tooth loss can be debilitating and is often caused by factors like caries, gum disease, or trauma. Dental implants provide permanent tooth replacements that are excellent alternatives to bridges and dentures.
The dental implant in Shelby Charter Township provided by specialists helps prevent bone resorption by effectively replacing missing teeth.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are surgical devices or posts inserted into your jawbone that mimic your missing tooth roots. These screw-like devices fuse with the bone through osseointegration and provide a strong anchorage to future restorations like bridges, crowns, and dentures. These are often made up of biocompatible materials like titanium alloys to prevent any allergic reactions or rejection by your body because, after all, it is considered a foreign substance.
A dental implant consists of the following parts:
- Abutment: The connecting device that joins the implant and the restoration
- Implant post: The screw-like prosthesis inserted into the jawbone
Are dental implants superior to other restorations?
Dental implants are often recommended by dentists when compared to traditional bridges or dentures due to the following benefits:
- Superior aesthetics
- Dental implants offer anchorage to permanent restorations in an aesthetic way since they are hidden within your jawbone
- Improved speech
- Dental implants are fixed permanently and do not cause any dislodgement.
- Thus implants do not interfere with your normal speech and pronunciation.
- Improved comfort
- You no longer have the discomfort of cleaning your removable dentures since they are fixed.
- Improved chewing
- Dental implants function like natural teeth, allowing you to chew well with confidence and without causing any pain.
- Improved self-esteem
- Dental implants can revitalize your smile, boosting your self-esteem and confidence. They help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health
- Dental implants do not require any preparation of the adjacent teeth since they do not require any support from them. This leaves your natural teeth intact, improving long-term oral health. They also provide easy interdental access, thereby improving oral hygiene.
- Dental implants are durable, and with proper care, they can last a lifetime.
- Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures and messy adhesives to keep fixed dentures in place.
Dental implants are permanent fixtures that can successfully replace your missing teeth. They do so by providing anchorage to restorations like crowns, dentures, and bridges, thereby revitalizing your oral health.